The Richmond Neighborhood Center would love to have your corporate, school, or other group help out at one of our food pantries! Volunteering with us is a great way to get out in the community and do some truly important work that benefits people who need it the most.
Food Pantry volunteer times are:
- Tuesdays (2-5PM) at Lafayette Elementary (4545 Anza St)
- Thursdays (12:30-4:30PM) at the Richmond Neighborhood Center (741 30th Ave)
What you will be doing:
- Setting up and breaking down the food pantry. This includes moving tables and lifting boxes of food that can be as heavy as 50lbs.
- Distributing food to the 200 participants who attend the pantry on Tuesdays or 400 on Thursday.
- Packing 60 grocery bags that will be brought to participants in our Home-Delivered Groceries program.
Group Size and Age Restrictions: We are able to accommodate groups of up to 20 people and volunteers over 4 years old (with parents).
How to prepare: Volunteers must wear long pants and sturdy, closed-toed shoes. Bring a water bottle, hat, layers, and anything you need to be comfortable working outside. We provide gloves and tools.
Cost: For corporate groups, there is a fee of $1,000 per group. The participant fee for volunteer projects is tax deductible and helps cover the cost of materials, purchase and maintenance of tools, training, and project management. This fee will serve as your deposit, and will only be refunded for cancellations made more than 7 days before the scheduled volunteer date.
For special events or groups with limited financial capacity, the fee may be waived. Please contact us directly to make this request.
If your company would like to support the organization at a more significant level, please contact Executive Director Michelle Cusano directly.
To schedule a volunteer outing, please fill out the form below with your contact information, group size, and at least two dates that you’re available to join us. Our Community Support Services staff will get back to you shortly to arrange your visit!