How to Support the Richmond District this #GivingTuesdayNow
May 5, 2020
Today is #GivingTuesdayNow: a day of global action for giving in response to COVID-19. As a neighborhood center, we are part of the vibrant fabric that makes up our neighborhood and our city, including other community-based organizations and local businesses. Because we could all use a boost during this time, we’ve put together a guide full of ideas for you to give back and get involved!
This is just a short selection—to learn more, be sure to check out our One Richmond website, where we share regular news updates, volunteer opportunities, and information about local merchants.
- Become a COVID-19 Emergency Response Volunteer (CERV) and help provide one-time or occasional practical support to older and vulnerable adults, such as grocery shopping, dog walking, and more. CERV is a partnership between the SF Department of Disability and Aging Services and the Shanti Project.
- Make calls to seniors using the Mon Ami app to check in and help coordinate errand runs for groceries, prescriptions, and more, or through the Institute on Aging’s Friendship Line.
- Volunteer in The Richmond Neighborhood Center’s food pantries and home-delivered grocery program, distributing groceries to nearly 1,000 of our food-insecure neighbors.
- Donate personal protective equipment for front-line medical personnel through North East Medical Services. They’re currently looking for unopened N95 and surgical masks, face shields, goggles, and more.
- Donate to Project Homeless Connect and help them provide essential services to our homeless neighbors. You can also become a Virtual Volunteer or help create hygiene kits.
- Donate to support The Richmond Neighborhood Center’s food security services and youth programs.
Support Local Merchants
- Get gorgeous handmade crafts, gifts, and self-care supplies delivered to your door from Inner Clement favorite and longtime Neighborhood Center supporters Foggy Notion!
- Visit the Clement St., Balboa Village, and Geary Blvd. Merchants Association websites for information on business hours, special offers, and fundraisers for businesses that need a hand.
Thank you for your support, today and every day!